The Operating Guidelines (the Guidelines) have been written to provide information and advice about the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Health Council (CHC) and the Australian Health Ministers' Advisory Council (AHMAC).
These Guidelines incorporate decisions made by CHC and AHMAC since 1988. They include information about the COAG Council system.
The Guidelines have been updated at intervals in the past and the current version looks different to past versions. The changes that have been made are:
- The Guidelines have been reformatted.
- Out of date content has been removed.
- Where possible hyperlinks to all relevant documents have been included rather than quoting the content of those documents verbatim.
- The Guidelines have been updated to reflect decisions made at CHC and AHMAC meetings which change practice.
- The committee templates have been removed from the appendices at the end of the Guidelines. They will soon be accessable on the COAG Health Council website.
The Guidelines provide a basic guide and do not necessarily cover all situations or circumstances. The Secretariat should be contacted for further advice if you are unsure how to deal with specific circumstances or actions.
The Secretariat is keen to improve the usefulness of the Guidelines and encourages readers to provide feedback and suggestions about amendments to content, additional comment or clarification and new topics or areas for inclusion.
To view the COAG Health Council Operating Guidelines click on the link:
COAG Health Council Operating Guidelines 2014